The antibiotics are working their magic and things are bright and cheerful here. We spent the morning making cupcakes to take along to a play date and had a nice chat with Dad and Lyn(while making the cupcakes - which made for interesting conversation as I was constantly interrupting him to respond to what the children were doing). Bayan insisted on helping and was very determined to get the muffin batter into the tins. He managed to get
some into the tins, which I suppose is fair enough accomplishment in its own right (it
can be tricky) but also flicked it around the kitchen and dropped it on the floor. Anisa took charge of mixing and "taste testing" just to make sure it was delicious enough (apparently it was, as I practically had to pry her head out of the bowl). Ruhi organized the frosting (including reading the entire directions, I was most impressed, as she did not even stumble with words such as 'ingredients' and 'margarine') and decorations. (The plain ones were for the littlies, specifically Bayan, who needs less sugar in his diet, not more... Don't we all.)
The kids had a lovely time playing at their friends house. They have four children. The youngest three are the same age and gender as ours so it makes for great interaction and they all get along splendidly. We were treated to an impromptu performance while they were dressed up in fairy costumes. It was extremely charming. Unfortunately I didn't take along the camera so, sadly, no pictures.
I spent the afternoon in the nectarine tree handing fruit down to the kids who collected it in plastic containers to be taken inside (more smoothies) or ate it on the spot. They are so sweet and delicious this year.
Anisa holding one load of nectarines. (Photos courtesy of Ruhi) Don't they look good?
1 comment:
Nectarines, yum!
Anisa did a great job holding them in her skirt and Ruhi did a great job taking pictures!
Post a Comment