Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Cheesecake...And Crown Jewels

Afsaneh and her daughters came for an afternoon of beading and I showed them how to make the necklaces that we gave to them for Naw-Ruz. They are so easy to make and very satisfying to do. They also love Mexican food and Afsaneh wanted to learn some recipes, so when Mehran and Payam came home from work we had a mini Mexican feast and for dessert I made that cheesecake again, with Bayan's help -of course. I even remembered to take a picture this time. It looks good eh? I assure you it tastes far more delicious than it appears. Nushan and Farshad both showed up just in time for tea and by the end of the evening not a crumb could be found...well, maybe a crumb, but at least there weren't any leftovers tucked away in the fridge sending me late night subliminal messages.

And here are some of the necklaces that the girls and I have been working on. Some are being worn, some have been given as gifts and some are still under construction. I'll have to research some new techniques pretty soon. In the meantime Anisa is giving me explicit instructions on how to make a necklace Anisa-style. I can hardly wait to see how it all turns out.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Grandma Dolly must be spending a lot of time with you! You keep doing things that remind me of her. She decorated cakes. She strung beads and created her own jewelry. And the list goes on...

Here is a Baha'i-inspired project in Africa, dedicated to Ryan Keller, that you might want to consider for one of your charitable efforts: http://www.educatethesechildren.org/

Grammy said...

And did I mention? It looks decadent and delicious. I can well imagine that there weren't any leftovers.