Friday, April 4, 2008

Play Dates and Persian Taroff

We got to catch up (finally!) with Martha and her kids, who came for a play date early this morning. They are due to fly back to Queensland tomorrow, so it was great that we got to see them before they left. I can't believe how they've grown. Amelia is so vivacious and sweet and Danny is a gorgeous little gentleman with the most charming "Indian" accent.

Bayan and Amelia enjoying the swing set.

In between play dates I took the kids to the grocery store, as the girls were getting set to climb out of the car Anisa turned to Ruhi (who was sitting in the middle of the back seat) and said: "Ruhi, you can go first." (This is blogworthy because it is not uncommon for the two to try to race each other out of the car, stepping on toes, climbing on seats, falling all over each other, each trying to be the first one down.) To which Ruhi replied: "Thanks Anisa, but you can go first." In stunned silence I watched as they continued to 'taroff' with one another. "Thanks Ruhi, but really it's OK, you go first" (Anisa had scrunched up her knees so that Ruhi could easily get out). "No Anisa, I insist. You go first." Eventually the standoff ended with Anisa getting out, followed by Ruhi. Their behaviour was met with lavish praise and promises to 'put it on the blog.'
Verity and her Mom came over later in the afternoon to help us blow some bubbles. The kids had a blast and turned the backyard into a shimmering wonderland.
Ruhi enjoyed twirling through the bubbles while they drifted through the garden.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Exemplary courtesy on the part of Ruhi and Anisa. Good practice and well done! (I'm not sure taroff equates with courtesy but maybe I don't understand it well enough.)

Blowing bubbles has been fun at least since I was a child!

I don't remember seeing the swing set before. The yard has grown up so much since I was there with the trees and shrubs over the moss rocks.