Thursday, April 17, 2008

Two things I never thought I'd say

One: "Stop serenading the fish." Bayan has taken a fancy to regaling Platty and Maria with his rendition of 'Tinkle Tinkle Yittle Tar' which he sings to them, at top volume, with his head in the bowl. As a grand finale he takes a deep breath and ripples the water for them. I am sure they are deeply appreciative. And two: "Don't blow the rat." I mean - who says that? Well, apparently I do. Repeatedly. To Bayan and Anisa who are trying to entice Ellie, our illustrious rodent visitor, (who Mehran agreed that we would look after while friends are out of town for a long weekend) from her newspaper nest. In case you were curious, it doesn't work. The spritzy gusts of air only serve to send her scurrying (with quivering whiskers) deeper into her "burrow".
Carrots are far more effective.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

This was funnier than funny. Tinkle, tinkle... Vicki is still laughing. She says it could have been Carter. Michael and I helped her rake up last Fall's leaves today (they were smothering the lawn) because she is going to Korea to see Carter and Eunjoo in two weeks and couldn't get everything done that she needed to do.