Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Ridvan

When I envision the roses that Baha'u'llah would have given to His many guests in the Garden of Ridvan I always think of red roses, but I am sure they must have been of many colours. Pink was all that Mehran could find, but they are beautiful nonetheless. And they served their purpose well. The nine pink roses represented the nine non-holy days of the Festival of Ridvan and the three hibiscus (???) flowers represented the 1st, the 9th and the 12th days, just to show they were different and special. The kids learned that the Festival of Ridvan lasts for 12 days as well as what was special about the 3 Holy days, with the assistance of the flower display. I got the idea from Linden Quolls. I love that lady!

This morning was spent making candles with Ruhi and handcrafting jewellery to be given as a gift at a party in the afternoon. We spent the evening visiting relatives and drinking copious amounts of Persian tea. Bayan now says 'nabot' (sugar cubes) with accuracy and enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

They are beautiful. Not hibiscus. Lilies. And beautiful ones, at that. Good job, Mehran!

Happy Ridvan, everyone!