“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Influenza, Ear Infections and Dislocated Ribs
What else could go wrong? Oh, no -wait. I had better not ask that. The past week has left me feeling that, at the ripe old age of 32, I am a couple of very small tweaks away from the world of geriatrics. In brighter news Bayan has taken his first bite of vegetables (that he has not instantly regurgitated with much pomp and ceremony) in at least two weeks. I made fun sandwiches for the kids, designing faces with an assortment of vegetables (I was desperate I tell you - desperate!) and while Ruhi and Anisa did consume the corn teeth and pea noses it was not with expressions of pleasure, Bayan on the other hand completely surprised me by heading straight for the (red) bell pepper lips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, best mothering idea I ever had: I would purchase alfalfa sprouts but the kids could NOT eat them with a utensil or their hands. They had to eat them like a cow, mouth only. You'd be very surprised how much "hay" they can eat that way!
But more importantly, poor Sarih, I hope you feel better quickly. Being sick is yukky but being a sick mom...well...you don't really have space in your life to feel yukky! It does help show the kids, however, that mommy is human and gives them chances to show their love and to give service.
Post a Comment